Today, there are lot of smartphones which claim to be frameless. In reality, they all aren’t entirely frameless and we still haven’t seen the right one. But this is all about to change – Samsung filed a new patent describing a completely frameless smartphone.
The document says that more and more prefer larger gadgets, so the company is considering making a device with front side occupied entirely by the screen. To do this, Samsung needs to solve a number of issues, like the antenna location, without affecting the signal quality.
Judging by the presented images, Samsung will continue using displays with curved edges. Moreover, the company can start “curving” the screens not only on the sides, but also on the top and bottom. One of the images shows that Samsung is actually thinking about a screen that will roll to the rear side as well. As an example, there is a picture of an incoming call being displayed on a small part of the back screen. This can be helpful when the smartphone lies the table screen down.
Another issue for Samsung is the placement of standard components on the front side. One of the options is building the camera under the screen – it won’t be visible when not used, but when needed, the area will become transparent.
- Big Battery Phone New Ulefone Power 3S 4G Phablet
- New Launched Lenovo A5 Global Version Smartphone
- New 2018 Budget Phone Ulefone S9 Pro 4G Phablet
- Best Selling Functional Xiaomi Dash Cam Smart Car DVR
- LEMFO LEM X Sports and Business Smartwatch Phone
- Yoga Book C930 Ultraportable Hybrid Laptop Specs & Deals
- New DJI MAVIC 2 Zoom RC Drone Specs, Discount Best Deals