In April, we wrote about an extremely peculiar device – HP Omen X, a portable computer-backpack which is also an accessory for virtual reality. The release was expected in June but HP couldn’t keep up to the schedule. Finally, the VR computer-backpack is here – HP officially opened the sales for Omen X Compact.
The device works like this: users connect a VR headset to this PC-backpack and get a totally wireless VR experience. The backpack includes four 73W batteries and a charging station. During the operation, a pair of such batteries can be “hot-swapped” – it means that the backpack doesn’t stop working, you just have to replace discharged batteries with new charged ones. One pair of batteries last for about an hour of gaming.
OMEN X by HP Compact Gaming Desktop Computer,
Intel Core i7-7820HK, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080,
16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Windows 10 (P1000-010, Black)
HP Omen X Compact is equipped with processors up to Intel Core i7 (with overclocking), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card, 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD. The PC-backpack also supports Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, there are five USB Type-A ports, one USB Type-C port, DisplayPort and HDMI. The docking station adds a Thunderbolt port, a mini DisplayPort, one extra HDMI and one more USB port. The Omen X Compact is available for $2500 but that’s without the special straps for the backpack – they can be bought separately for additional $500.
- Not Cheap DLP Home Theater Projector New XGIMI H2
- Boil-Dry Protection Glass Electric Kettle With LED Indicator
- New SHARP Z2 Smartphone Specs, Discount Best Deals
- VoltIQ 2 USB Ports Quick Charge 2.0 Rapid Car Charger
- Philips Smart LED Table Lamp with Voice Control Specs & Deal
- Best Selling Ring Fitness, Sleep and Heart Rate Tracker
- Xiaomi Huami AMAZFIT 3 AMOLED Screen Smartwatch