Language barrier is always the problem for many tourists around the world. Of course, there are numerous mobile apps that can help here but what about a gadget just for that? Actually, the Chinese Internet company Baidu is making a portable translating device for travelers, capable of instantly translating any phrase or conversation.
At the moment, it is reported that the device supports only 3 languages: Chinese, Japanese and English. Of course, that doesn’t cover the whole world but that’s a good start. Plus, according to Nikkei, the gadget, which has not yet received the name, will be always ready for work, receive support for mobile networks and will serve as a Wi-Fi access point.
At first, Baidu plans to release a new gadget in China where it can be bought or rented just for a trip. Next year, the company plans to bring the device to the Japanese market, and in the future it may appear in other countries.
As The Verge notes, Baidu gadget-translator has quite a few advantages compared to smartphone apps, like saving the phone battery or the fact that the device is always switched on ready for work.
- Not Cheap DLP Home Theater Projector New XGIMI H2
- Boil-Dry Protection Glass Electric Kettle With LED Indicator
- New SHARP Z2 Smartphone Specs, Discount Best Deals
- VoltIQ 2 USB Ports Quick Charge 2.0 Rapid Car Charger
- Philips Smart LED Table Lamp with Voice Control Specs & Deal
- Best Selling Ring Fitness, Sleep and Heart Rate Tracker
- Xiaomi Huami AMAZFIT 3 AMOLED Screen Smartwatch