At the opening of its annual developer conference I/O 2017, Google told about novelties in the next Android generation – Android O. Apart from that, the company released the second beta-version of this OS. All users of Nexus or Pixel smartphones could get the update for free. Interestingly, Google didn’t mention any changes of Android O and first users were quite surprised to see some of them.
In this article, we’ve gathered all modifications features in the second beta-version of Android O.
– A redesigned proprietary Pixel Launcher with a search box in the lower part of the screen;
– Google redid all animations. Now, they are smoother, more life-like, and their motions are based on physics laws;
– Quick settings panel changed the colour – from dark grey in Android 7.0 to white. Plus, the panel can be accessed without sliding the finger from the top;
– Users can choose the app icon shape from squared, circular, cylindrical or rounded;
– Android TV interface was completely redesigned;
– Easier access to widgets;
– Night Light mode intensity can be regulated;
– New set of smiley faces.
The release of Android O is expected in late summer. Until that time, Google will present a few more beta-versions with supposedly more interesting features.