Despite some disappointing tendencies on the tablet market, iPad still remains the highlight of this segment. It’s not a secret that iPad easily trumps its opponents in terms of functionality. Unfortunately, with great popularity come a lot of dishonest fakers who just want to fill their pockets. Every year, thousands of fake iPads appear on shelves and online stores. So, if you don’t want to waste your money in vain, you’ll have to be careful and attentive. And our following article will help – here are a few tips on how to spot a fake iPad.
1. The most effective way to detect a fake is checking its serial number. This method applies to iPhones as well. Every Apple smartphone or tablet has a serial number in the section “About” of its Settings. Enter this number on the Apple’s official website to find out for sure that your iPad is real.
2. Next way is to look on the rear side of the tablet. Although some fakers already mastered the “art” of making counterfeit products, others still make mistakes, and spoiling the Apple logo is one of them. Make sure that the logo is genuine.
3. Then, there is a screen. Real iPads come with high screen quality without any flaws, while fake screens are often pixelated.
4. Every iPad comes now with Siri. When buying the tablet, check how the voice assistant works. If it runs smoothly, it’s a real iPad because fakes won’t launch the Siri app at all.
5. iTunes is another litmus test that gives away a fake. Faux iPads (and iPhones too) won’t connect the service. Usually, when you press the iTunes app on a fake, there is no reaction or an error notification pops up. That’s when you know that you can’t trust this product.
Lastly, a piece of advice for people who love making purchases online – plan ahead and use only trusted websites. Fakers are especially active around holidays when everyone does gift shopping. Take this into account and buy everything in advance in order not to get on the fakers’ hook.