According to the schedule, Xiaomi presented in Beijing its new flagship smartphone Mi6. Although the majority of information was leaked before the presentation, Xiaomi had a few surprises. On the outside, Mi6 looks like an improved version of Mi5 and Mi5S. As for the technical part, Xiaomi didn’t disappoint.
– Display – although top and bottom bezels are still present, the curved-edge screen is pretty wide. The standard version has a 5.15-inch display with a 1920×1080 resolution. The display is much improved compared to previous generation because users can adjust the brightness from 1nit to 600nit. Plus, there is a blue colour filter to make eyes less tired;
– CPU and memory – just as expected, Xiaomi Mi6 is powered by the latest Snapdragon 835 processor. All models have 6GB RAM but the storage is different: 64GB or 128GB;
– Camera – the rear side hosts a dual camera – two 12 MP sensors with 2x optical zoom and stabilization. For selfies, there is a 8 MP front camera;
– Audio – there’s no 3.5mm headphone jack, so users will have to use wireless solutions. The smartphone itself has two speakers placed on both top and bottom which produce stereo sound;
– Other features – a fingerprint sensor under the glass; a USB-C port as the only connectivity option; no IP68 water-resistance – the smartphone only withstands splashes; an infra-red port for controlling household appliances.
Xiaomi Mi6 comes out on April 28 in China. The prices range from $363 (6GB RAM + 64GB storage) to $435 (6GB + 128GB and a ceramic body).