In the last 5 years, the PC market didn’t have any moments of growth. The sales and shipment numbers have decreased considerably. Analysts say that the time of PCs is over because most users turned to smartphones and tablets. Still, laptops and desktop computers remain important and popular.
In fact, according to the latest report by IDC, the PC market showed positive results for the first time in 5 years. In Q1 2017, 60.3 million PCs were shipped which is 0.6% more compared to the same period last year. Besides, all five biggest PC manufacturers showed growth in shipments and market share.
The report says that HP shipped the biggest amount of computers in Q1 2017 – 21.8%. The second biggest market share belongs to Lenovo – 20.4%. Also, Dell, Apple and Acer are three other companies that entered the top 5.
It’s important to say that IDC didn’t factor Windows 10 devices in the report. Furthermore, the similar report from Gartner says that the PC market is still falling – 2.4% lower than last year. There is an explanation for that: Gartner didn’t consider Chromebooks which made a big contribution to the market.
- Stylish Design Portable HD DLP Home Theater Projector
- Quelima WiFi Video Doorbell Home Monitor Security IP Camera
- Lenovo Round Smart Watch With Stainless Steel Case
- Best Selling Colorful HD Anti-fog Swimming Goggles
- High Efficiency Processing Teclast 360-Degree 2-in-1 Laptop
- M&D MH40 Premium Noise Cancelling Over-Ear Headphones
- Fingerprint Touchscreen 5-in-1 Keyless Entry Smart Door Lock